About Greenhouse Loft
We have everything you need for a gorgeous, magical and memorable wedding. Our dedicated team, with years of experience, offers professional support to ensure your celebration is seamless. All you need to do is enjoy your special day! Designed with a photographer’s eye, Greenhouse Loft is not only beautiful, it’s Chicago’s most sustainable wedding venue.
Beautiful and sustainable, Greenhouse Loft is located in the Green Exchange, a Platinum LEED-certified building. We are dedicated to ensuring that your wedding is as low waste and green as possible.
Sustainability is a top priority for us, so we consciously go the extra mile to drastically reduce your event's waste and overall carbon emissions.
- Our caterers try to use as much locally sourced food as possible, which minimizes transportation fuel emissions.
- Our caterers also use organic food, which reduces not only the farmer and consumer’s exposure to pesticides, but also reduces the environmental farming impact as a whole.
- We reduce waste by serving items in bulk when possible (ie. condiment dispensers instead of individual sized containers, filtered water cooler stations instead of plastic bottles, etc.)
- We use non-plastic, eco-friendly utensils.
- We utilize non-toxic and eco-friendly cleaning supplies.
- We have water efficient toilets.
- Our energy efficient windows help regulate temperatures.
- Our high efficiency heating and cooling system reduces energy by 22%.
- We have a collection of restored mid-century modern furniture.
- Our hardwood floor is made of a reclaimed 120 year old wood.
- Our entire building was restored and re-purposed and was once a manufacturing facility.
We use on-site compost and recycling systems (sorted on-site) reducing up to 90% of event-generated waste, which would otherwise be landfilled
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR GREEN BUILDING
- Certified Platinum LEED, the highest ranking possible from the U.S. Green Building Council
- State-of-the-art indoor air quality sensor and filtration system
- Environmentally friendly building materials including low toxin (VOC) paints and stains
- 8,000 square foot organic sky garden with native prairie plants and trees, watered using a 41,329 gallon on-site rain cistern system
- Green escalator (30% less energy than an average escalator)
- Co-op vegetable garden on-site
- Filled with innovative green companies and individuals, The Green Exchange is America’s largest sustainable business community