About Chroma K8 Beautique
For years, we envisioned a space where we could merge our love of all things vintage with our desire to deliver environmentally responsible hair and beauty services. In January 2014, that vision became a reality, and Chroma K8 was born. Located just north of Lincoln Square, our salon is charming, fresh, and inviting.
Our talented team of stylists and certified, color specialists believe in taking a more natural approach to hair care and color whenever possible–all while providing our clients with a top-notch experience. We also believe the positive changes we make to protect our environment and reduce our use of harsh and potentially harmful chemicals leads to a healthier and more relaxing atmosphere for our clients.
At Chroma K8, our goal is to exceed your expectations and keep you coming back again and again.
- Our salon was furnished with mostly vintage and reused furniture.
- We have eliminated MOST disposables by using cloth hand towels in our bathroom & cloth napkins instead of paper.
- We use glass cups, ceramic mugs, plates, and silverware. The gloves we use for hair color are reusable. Our packing peanuts are donated to Noktivo nail spa and are used as toe separators.
- We use environmentally friendly & Norwex cleaning products, which uses silver technology and no chemicals to clean our salon wherever possible.
- We carry Eufora hair care and hair color which has been rated most ecofriendly brand by Beauty Launchpad. The hair care line is aloe vera based and doesn’t contain phthalates, gluten, mineral oils, propylene glycol, sulfates or parabens. The hair color line has both no ammonia and low ammonia options. We carry local skin care line Bonnie- Naturally Nourishing that is all natural
- Our makeup line, Jane Iredale, trademarked the skincare makeup is mineral & botanically based and is cruelty free
- We have teamed up with Green Circle Salons which recycles all of our plastic, hair color tubes & boxes, foils, electronics, batteries , even hair & hair color, cutting our waste to less than 10%!
- We power the salon with clean solar and wind energy from Clean Choice Energy